Below are some links for information on pet ownership.
There are several resources available, in the Indianapolis area, for educating pet owners. One such resource is a yearly publication, put together, by local animal rescues. Information includes low cost programs, pet lost and found, assistance and outreach programs, among other things. Click here, to access the file.
- Best Friends Animal Society: Best Friends Animal Society runs the nation’s largest sanctuary for abused and abandoned animals Best Friends operates a low-cost spay/neuter program, runs a wildlife rehabilitation center, sponsors a network of members in rescue, provides foster care and humane education, and works with humane groups nationwide to bring about a time when there will be No More Homeless Pets.
- Doguroo.com: Our pet nutrition experts and enthusiasts are eager to share their wisdom. We cover the origins of modern pet food, ingredients to look for, the importance of rotating foods, and much more!
- FetchPetCare.com: Taking good care of your pet is not always an easy thing to do. We want to help answer your questions on many different topics relating to your pet.
- PetAssure.com: Pet insurance alternative covers ANY pet, absolutely no exclusions. Save $100s on pet care. As low as $7.95/month. For a free quote call 888-789-PETS.
- PetEducation.com: Information on dog, cat, and other pet health, behavior, nutrition, training and animal care tips provided by veterinarians.
- PetEducationProject.org: PEP! The Pet Education Project is an education and outreach program to teach kids the core responsibilities of pet ownership.
- TailsInc.com: Passionate about rescue and adoption, Tails Pet Media Group, Inc. was founded in 2000 by Janice Brown. What started as a magazine, is now a mission! Tails Inc. features expert knowledge, advice, pet product reviews, local resource guides, community event news and monthly contests, in order to promote and encourage people to live responsibly with their pets.