Below are some links for information on pet ownership.
There are several resources available in the Indianapolis area for educating pet owners. One such resource is a yearly publication put together by local animal rescues. Information includes low cost programs, pet lost and found, and assistance and outreach programs, among other things.
Click here to access the file.
- ASPCA Pet Care Resources
- Petfinder Pet Care Resources
- Best Friends Animal Society: The Best Friends Resource Center is a comprehensive online library where you’ll find information about pet health and training, as well as educational materials and interactive resources for people with pets and rescue workers.
- PetCoach: Information on dog, cat, and other pet health, behavior, nutrition, training and animal care tips provided by veterinarians.
- PetEducationProject.org: PEP! The Pet Education Project is an education and outreach program to teach kids the core responsibilities of pet ownership.
Dog & Puppy
- Tips for the First 30 Days of Dog Adoption
- How to House Train your Dog
- Crate Training your Dog
- Dog Crate Guide
- Puppy Proofing
- Correcting Your Dog’s Bad Habits
- Dogs and Babies
- Teaching Dog Body Language to Kids
- Dog Grooming Needs
- Common Dog Behavior Issues
- Dog Bite Prevention
- Food Guarding
- Puppy Chewing
- Teaching Bite Inhibition to Puppies
- Indianapolis Public Health and Welfare Animal Laws
- Kids and Dogs: A Common Sense Approach
- Kids and Dogs: Safety First
- Healthy Pets
- Finding a New Home for Your Pet
- Can We Help You Keep Your Pet?
Cat & Kitten
- Tips for the First 30 Days of Cat Adoption
- Kitten Care
- Benefits of Routine Vet Visits for your Cat
- Declawing your cat: why it’s unacceptable
- 8 things you should never do to your cat
- Feline Upper Respiratory Infection
- Indoor Cats and Infectious Disease
- The Difference between FeLV and FIV
- Cats and FIV: Symptoms, Causes and Treatments
- Introducing Your Cat to a New Cat
- How to Introduce Cats
- Introducing your Cat and Dog
- Problem Behaviors in Cats