Where does ARPO get their cats and dogs from?
ARPO works with several local Indiana Shelter organizations and community members to place at-risk animals in the Indianapolis area and surrounding counties.
How much does it cost to adopt from ARPO?
It depends on the age and type of the animal, though fees can vary and are subject to change without notice:
- Puppies under 7 months: $350
- Dogs: $250
- Senior dogs: $100
- Kittens under 7 months: $150
- Two Kittens: $250
- Cats 7-11 months: $100
- Cats 12 months & older: $75
What all do we get for the adoption fee?
When you adopt a pet from ARPO, the animal has already been microchipped, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and tested and treated for common issues, including heartworm, intestinal worms and parasites.
How do I meet an ARPO pet I see online?
To meet a pet you see online, please fill out an adoption application at adoptarpo.org and let us know which particular animal you would like to meet. We will review your application with the animal’s foster family and contact you to schedule a meet and greet if the foster feels that you would be a good fit for the pet. You can complete an adoption application here.
Can I adopt from ARPO if I live in another state?
Typically, ARPO limits placing its adoptable pets within a 50 mile radius of Indianapolis, however there have been exceptions, if requirements can still be met.
Does ARPO provide any warranty or guarantee?
No, ARPO cannot provide any kind of warranty or guarantee on our animals. ARPO pulls over 80% of our animals from local shelters, so many times the animal’s history is unknown. While we will try to provide you with as much detailed information as possible, it is impossible for us to make any guarantee.
Does ARPO provide microchipping for other pets?
Indianapolis Animal Care Services (IACS) provides microchipping for only $10 and FACE offers microchipping for $20. Indy Humane provides microchip services at their Downtown and North locations for $15.
- ARPO has adopted out over 7,000 pets since 1998!
- ARPO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- Adoption fees only cover about 1/2 of the medical costs for each animal. The rest comes from donations, grants and fundraisers.
- All ARPO adopted pets are spayed/neutered prior to going to their new homes.
- ARPO qualifies for the highest PetSmart Charities “Rewards Program” as a result of our adoption policies and procedures using extensive application screening, home visits before placing animals, after-adoption follow up program, and ensuring no animals are released unaltered.