- ARPO has adopted out over 5,000 pets since 1998!
- ARPO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- Adoption fees only cover about 1/2 of the medical costs for each animal. The rest comes from donations, grants and fundraisers.
- All ARPO adopted pets are spayed/neutered prior to going to their new homes.
- ARPO qualifies for the highest PetSmart Charities “Rewards Program” as a result of our adoption policies and procedures using extensive application screening, home visits before placing animals, after-adoption follow up program, and ensuring no animals are released unaltered.
- ARPO’s adoptable pets are shown at several PetSmarts including Castleton and E. Washington St.
Where does ARPO get their cats and dogs from?
ARPO works with several organizations and community members. 80% of our adoptable pets are pulled from Indianapolis Animal Care and Control, as IACC takes in nearly 17,000 animals per year.
How much does it cost to adopt from ARPO?
It depends on the age of the animal:
- Puppies under 7 months: $175
- Dogs: $150
- Senior dogs: $75
- Kittens under 7 months: $100
- Two Kittens: $150
- Cats: $50
What all do we get for the adoption fee?
When you adopt an pet from ARPO, the animal has already been microchipped, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and tested and treated for common issues, including heartworm, intestinal worms and parasites.
How do I meet an ARPO pet I see online?
To meet a pet you see online, you can contact ARPO at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which particular animal you would like to meet. We can let you know which PetSmart location or event the animal will be at, for a meet and greet or schedule a meet and greet elsewhere. It is also a good idea to go ahead and complete a pre-qual, so ARPO will have your best interests in mind. You can complete a pre-qual here.
Can I adopt from ARPO if I live in another state?
Typically, ARPO limits placing its adoptable pets within a 50 mile radius of Indianapolis, however there have been exceptions, if requirements can still be met.
Does ARPO provide any warranty or guarantee?
No, ARPO cannot provide any kind of warranty or guarantee on our animals. ARPO pulls over 80% of our animals from local shelters, so many times the animal’s history is unknown. While we will try to provide you with as much detailed information as possible, it is impossible for us to make any guarantee.
Does ARPO provide microchipping for other’s pets?
ARPO will, on occasion, offer microchipping for non-ARPO pets at certain special events. Indianapolis Animal Care and Control (IACC) provides microchipping for only $10 and FACE offers microchipping for $20.