General Volunteer Opportunities
If you submitted the volunteer sign-up form online, you will still need to download and print out ARPO’s Release of Liability Waiver. That can be printed HERE.
For more information on volunteering, call 317-774-8292 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a foster parent and you are not receiving the weekly emails from the foster coordinators please email email@example.com to be added to the list.
If you are a volunteer and you are not receiving the weekly emails from the volunteer coordinator please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
PLEASE NOTE: No volunteer under the age of 16 will be permitted to participate in an ARPO event. Exceptions to this prohibition will be considered on a case-by-case basis and is at the sole discretion of the ARPO board of Directors. It is subject to immediate revocation at the Board’s discretion, and will require the presence of the minor’s Parent / Guardian at the event.
There are plenty of ways that you, as a volunteer, can make a difference in the lives of central Indiana’s unwanted and stray pets, including:
- Providing a foster home for animals waiting for adoption — Especially needed!
- Staffing ARPO adoption events at Petsmart and other locations.
- Staffing the ARPO booth at community events.
- Transporting pets in a secure, temperature-controlled vehicle to vets and adoption events.
- Compiling and printing literature for mailing (newsletters, brochures, etc.).
- Contributing your services as a veterinarian or veterinary technician.
- Providing dog obedience training or behavior expertise with dogs and cats.
- Grooming cats or dogs.